CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

What Would You Do?

A friend of mine has a little boy. He is 9 years old. He is adopted. They adopted him when he was 6 months old. He has always known he is adopted and has met his birth siblings. Yesterday was his last day of school and two boys told him that because he is adopted he doesn't belong to his family. She got this out of him at 9 pm last night. They told him how much they love him and how heartbroken they would be if he was not in their lives. He then shut down and said he didn't want to talk about it anymore.

Where did these two boys get the idea that he doesn't belong? Their parents maybe? Where are they getting their ideas about adoption?

I'm sure that someday this might happen to Khloe. How would you handle it? I have no idea what I would do. I'd be seriously angry and heartbroken.

2 comments:

katd said...

Oh that is horrifying. I can't imagine dealing with it. How sad for him and his parents.

In a totally unrelated note, I found your blog through your comment on mine, and I have to say how gorgeous your daughter is!! She is the cutest thing ever!

Stacy said...

There are books. There was a really good one I found once that I bought for parents of two of my kids that they adopted. I will find it for you.

Oh...and you've been TAGGED, bitch!